I want you to take a look at : KLM – Fill a Plane – Promote your plane
We all know that we should love our body — whatever its shape may be. But sometimes, it’s one of the hardest thing to do. What with the stereotype of what is “beautiful,” the subliminal message in TV commercials and print ads. Because of these, we tend to “harm” our body and ourself trying so hard to look like those in advertisements. Believe that there’s more to you than your looks. Go for a positive body image! 🙂
Here’s a copy of the treaty:
Be a part of this project. Go to seventeen.com and add your signature!
Click here for more of the Body Peace Project.
I didn’t realize how weird the last weekend was until I thought of the films I preferred watching from Friday to Sunday. I really don’t know what I was thinking, but these are the movies that occupied my weekend, watched in THAT order.
1. Nim’s Island
It’s about an 11-year-old girl named Nim (Abegail Breslin) who lives in an isolated island with her microbiologist dad Jack (Gerard Butler). As far as she could remember, after her mother died, the island has been her home. Everyday is an adventure for Nim. For friends, she has a sea lion named Selkie, an iguana named Fred and a pelican called Galileo. She has a very healthy imagination and her favorite books are those adventure stories written by her favorite author, Alex Rover (who is Alexandra Rover in real life—played by Jodie Foster). When her father goes missing from one of his research, Nim is left all alone in their island. For some twist of fate, she is able to exchange e-mails with her favorite author. Alexandra, on the other hand, realizing that Nim is just a little girl who needs her help. Alexandra, came to the rescue, yes, but with much effort and misadventures.
Note: One has to watch Nim’s Island with a child’s eyes.
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share seven (7) random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a notification on their blog.
Weird Truths About Salve:
1. My mind is more awake at night. I can will myself not to sleep (although, I know, it’s not healthy) just to finish the book I’m reading or the movies I’m watching.
2. I enjoy the company of kids. I feel safe with them (maybe because kids won’t judge you the way adults do).
3. I’m too calm that sometimes I feel like it’s not normal anymore. “Panic” is almost non-existent in my vocabulary.
4. I arrange my bags/shoes according to function, my books according to author/subject and my DVDs according to genre.
5. When eating banana, I like to dip it in soy sauce with kalamansi (金柑) especially after eating fried tilapia (syempre, may tira pang toyo’t kalamansi n’on!)
6. I don’t put salt when I cook sunny side-up or scrambled egg (I prefer milk or cheese in my scrambled egg) for breakfast and everyone complains when they’ve tasted it.
7. I love the smell of durian! Whenever I’m in the supermarket, I linger around the fruits section para lang maamoy yung durian.
The day may have started wrongly, but beauty is all around, waiting to be appreciated. Searching for Celtic music, I stumbled upon a musician named Dennis Doyle. Upon listening to a sample tune, I fell in love with his music. Unfortunately, I only found bits of information about him. Dennis Doyle is a Celtic harpist, a singer, a storyteller, professor and an author. I hope you will enjoy his music as much as I did and let me know what you think.
I got tagged by witchy. So, here goes:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’m basically new to blogging. I started on friendster last year, but I seldom updated my posts. So I deleted that account and transferred my posts there to wordpress. It was only this year that I really got hooked to blogging. Hence, crumbs was born in April. Somehow, it keeps my mind working and fills the dull moments of the day. It’s something fun to do and meet wonderful people.
2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?
I attended the iblog summit last April (thanks to tim) and that inspired me to start a blog; hearing how fun it can be from other bloggers. I also learned about WordPress there.
3. Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?
Make money online? That would be nice. But since thi is a free blog, I can’t put ads here. So, I blog for fun. 🙂
4. Tell me 3 things you LOVE about being online.
One, meeting wonderful people. Two, being able to express myself freely. Three, learning something new everyday from the posts of other bloggers and in a way learning about their personalities as well.
5. Tell me 3 things you STRUGGLE within the online world.
As I have said, this is a free blog so there are a lot of restrictions. One, I can’t do much about the page layout. Two, I’m not a techie person, thus, I don’t understand a lot of things and I can’t follow instructions with so many technical terms no matter how a site says they’ve put the simplest instructions. Three, sites with too many pop-up ads. Pop-ups distracts my reading and slows down my server (I honestly think they do, although I’m not so sure.)